Phoenix VA Health Care System
Volunteer or Donate
The Phoenix VA Health Care System benefits from the services of more than 1,500 individual volunteers each year. Our volunteers provide assistance each day to ensure this remains a health care center of excellence. Our volunteers encompass all ages and experiences from the young to the seasoned senior citizen who bring with them a wealth of life experiences. These volunteers strive to be recognized as leaders in the community and enhance Veteran satisfaction through the delivery of compassionate, high quality care and services.
Please check this Web page periodically for an updated list of the activities, items and dollars needed by the Veterans that we proudly serve.
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Closed on federal holidays).
- Location: Building 23, which is located at the far north end of the medical center campus across from Bldg. 24 at the end of the parking area.
- Eligibility: Minimum age is 17. An annual TB test is required and all volunteers must complete a one-time Volunteer Orientation. Fingerprints and a background investigation are required for all volunteers age 18 and older.
Add your name to our list of pending volunteers!
If you are interested in joining our team, you must call Voluntary Services and put your name on our Volunteer Opportunity Skills List. Please do not inquire online as we do not accept electronic queries or applications.
Summer Youth Program begins each June for new youth volunteers.
- Limited seating is available, so please call Voluntary Services prior to May 1 to get on the roster. Once a 17 to 18 year old child completes this one-time class, they are eligible to volunteer during the school year as well.
VA Voluntary Service (VAVS) Committee
- Each VA Medical Center has a VA Voluntary Service Committee comprised of representatives from the various Veterans organizations who have members participating in the VAVS program. This committee is an advisory body and helps coordinate established plans and policies for volunteer participation.
- Please check here periodically for important updates and announcements. Voluntary Services is a dynamic and ever-changing component of our health care system. Keep yourself current with the latest happenings and service and donation needs that will be posted in this section of our page.