Contact the Phoenix VA Health Care System
Phoenix VA Health Care System offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services.
Appointments and Scheduling
- To schedule an appointment, please visit our appointments page, My HealtheVet, or you may call the VA Help Line at (602) 222-6550 (toll-free in Arizona at 1-888-214-7264) .
Billing and Collections
- If you have any questions about billing, please call us at (602) 277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 1-2173. For more information, visit the Copays and Charges Web site.
Caregiver Support Coordinator
- Linda Herrly MSW, LCSW (602) 277-5551. ext. 1-7777
Community Mental Health
- David Klein, (602) 277-5551, ext. 6731
Compensation and Pension
- To speak with someone in compensation and pension, call the medical center at (602) 277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 1-6611.
- For questions regarding your eligibility or enrollment, please call us at (602) 222-6508, (or call the medical center toll-free at 1-800-554-7174, then dial ext. 1-6508). For more information, visit the VA Health Care Eligibility Web site.
Former POW Advocate
- The Former POW advocate is Carol Combs. She can be reached at (602) 277-5551 ext. 1-4732.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer
Homeless Vet Coordinator
- Michael Leon, (602) 277-5551 ext. 1-7656
Human Resources Management Services
- Our 24 Hour Job Line is available at (602) 222-2703, or you can visit our Careers page. To speak with someone in our office, please call (602) 277-5551, then dial ext. 1-7594.
- Our address is:
4001 N. 3rd Street, Suite 310
Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Andrew Freeman, (602) 277-5551 ext. 1-6098
Inquiry Routing and Information System
Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
- If you have any questions regarding or have experienced Military Sexual Trauma (MST), please contact Stephanie Dove, LCSW, MST coordinator, at (602) 277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 1-4900. For information about MST visit the VA National Center for PTSD's Violence and Sexual Abuse page.
MyHealtheVet - Local Help / Authentication
If you receive care at our facility and are a having difficulty creating or registering a MyHealtheVet account, one-on-one assistance is available. Please contact our Medical Library Team at (602) 222-6411, Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays), 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Outside of regular hours, call and leave a message giving your name and phone number, and we will contact you the next business day.
- Members of the news media should contact our Public Affairs Officer at (602) 222-2667 or (602) 370-6033, or visit our news room page.
The Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center has two highly-skilled patient representatives who are eager to assist if you have a compliment, complaint, or issues which you believe requires resolution. The patient representatives
- serve as liaisons between patients and the medical center
act on the patient's behalf.
- help patients understand their rights and responsibilities.
Please contact one of our representatives, Sarah Nelson, Lead Patient Advocate, or Karen Sparks, Patient Advocate, at (602) 277-5551 ext. 1-7394, or you may visit them at our medical center on the first floor of Building 1, Room 1147 and 1147a. Their fax number is (602) 222-6489. Department-level patient advocates are also available to assist you with concerns you may have as an inpatient or outpatient.
Your complaint will not compromise your right to current or future care. Your concern will be handled in a private and confidential manner. Your questions, concerns and suggestions for improved care and service are always appreciated. For more information, visit our Patient Concerns page.
- The Outpatient Pharmacy can be reached at (602) 222-6598 (toll-free in Arizona at 1-800-359-8262). Visit our Pharmacy page for more information.
Release of Information
- Our Release of Information office is who you will need to contact to get information from your medical record. It is located in Room 104E on the first floor of Building 1 at the medical center, near the Emergency Room. If you need to get information from your medical records, please call the medical center at (602) 277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 1-2619. For more information, view our Release of Information brochure.
Returning Combat Veterans
- The Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, and New Dawn (OEF/OIF/OND) Case Manager is Michael Owens, LCSW. He may be reached at (602) 277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 1-3116. Visit our Returning Combat Veterans page for more information.
- For more information on VA benefits and services offered to Veterans returning from the armed services, visit the Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF) Web site.
- The Local Smoking Cessation Program Coordinator is Matt Weyer. He may be reached at (602) 222-6414 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174, then dial ext. 1-6414). For more information, visit the National VA Smoking Cessation Web site.
Suicide Prevention Coordinator
- David Klein, (602) 277-5551 ext. 1-6731
VA Help Line
- Please contact our VA Help Line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment. Your location determines which number to use.
- Within Phoenix metro area: (602) 222-6550
- Toll-free in Arizona: 1-888-214-7264
- If you are sick and wish to speak to a nurse, press 5.
Veterans Justice Outreach Coordinator
- Penny Miller, (602) 277-5551 ext. 1-6965
Women Veterans Health Program
- If you have any questions regarding the Women Veterans Health Program, please call the medical center at (602) 277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 1- 6764 to reach Cara Garcia, LCSW, Women Veterans Program Manager. To make a women's health appointment, please call (602) 277-5551 ext. 1-6359. For more information on VA's Women Veterans programs, benefits and services, visit the VA Center for Women Veterans Web site.