Phoenix VA Health Care System
The following is a list of volunteer positions available in Phoenix. This is only a partial list and does not include all opportunities available.
- Escorts patients in wheelchairs or gurneys to designated areas within the medical center. They deliver lab specimens, patient charts and records. Guest Services volunteers also serve as shuttle bus drivers throughout the campus, both inside and outside, picking up Veteran patients, family members, visitors and employees from outlying parking lots and transporting them to the main medical center building and the Ambulatory Care Clinic addition.
- Receive requests to transport patients, charts and lab specimens.
- Assists staff members with general clerical work to include answering phones, filing, typing and reception of Veteran patients and visitors.
- Transports patients to activities both on and off campus such as bowling alleys, Diamondback baseball games, fishing, etc.
- Provides directions to various areas within the medical center and is available for general information.
Veterans History Project
- Volunteers needed to interview Veterans and collect the history of their military service. Information is provided to the Library of Congress.
- Volunteers needed to escort visitors for special events throughout the medical center. Events are days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
State Veterans Home
- Various positions available.