Phoenix VA Health Care System
Current Operating Status
As of Tuesday, June 23, 2020 9:25 AM MDT
We, at the Phoenix VA, are here to ensure we meet your needs in a safe environment. In the interest of safety, we are providing information on how we are moving forward, together.
- The Phoenix VA continues to make your safety a priority. We continue to screen everyone entering our facility for COVID-19, to ensure minimum exposure for Veterans, caregivers and staff.
- The Phoenix VA is taking every precaution. All staff, Veterans and visitors are required to wear a face covering while on campus or at any of our facilities, including our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. Please bring a face covering with you, but know that if you do not have one, a face covering will be provided for wear while visiting our facilities.
- To further minimize exposure, we continue to limit additional visitors into the health care system. However, those who need to have a caregiver with them for physical or cognitive reasons should only bring one person, and that person should wear a face covering, too.
- Because of the need for physical distancing, we are working to keep our waiting rooms less crowded. Those coming to one of our facilities for an appointment should check in not more than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time. At this time, parking is available at the main facility. There are also shuttles available from the of-site parking locations at 3443 N. Central Ave., and 3030 N. Central Ave. (enter from Earl Drive). The shuttles run about every 15-20 minutes. (See photo below for map of locations)
- Guests under age 15 are not allowed at this time.
- As we expand services, appointments will be evaluated to determine the best way to provide the care needed. Appointments may be converted to phone or VA Video Connect or may remain as a face-to-face visit. VA Video Connect is a video visit using your smartphone, tablet or computer webcam. The care team will partner with you to make this decision, considering your individual medical needs.
- You and your provider will discuss your treatment options and overall health status while COVID-19 safety restrictions exist. You may also speak with your provider about COVID-19 testing, which is available at the Phoenix VA Medical Center. We cannot test everyone right away, but please speak with your provider about the kinds of testing available and how to get these done.
- If you have to walk-in for a visit without an appointment, you may not be able to see your assigned provider face-to-face.
- If you experience serious and urgent non-COVID-19 concerns (such as chest pain), immediately seek medical attention. Safety for all Veterans- including those needing emergency care not related to COVID-19 – is VA’s top priority.
If you need to contact your care team, try sending us a message directly using the online patient portal: MyHealtheVet’s Secure Messaging. This method of contact is not appropriate for emergent issues as the team has three business days to respond. The website is www.myhealth.va.gov. If you do not have this service, we can help you enroll. Please call 602-277-5551, ext. 3934 or ext. 5715. Additionally, our call center staff can help answer questions and leave messages with your care team. Call them at 602-222-6550.
If you need a medication refill, call the automated refill line at 602-222-6598. Please ask for a refill two to three weeks before you need it so we can mail it to you in plenty of time.
We hope you are feeling well and staying safe. We want to continue to partner with you for your health-related goals. Please let us know what we can do to best serve you.
|Phoenix VA Health Care System||Normal Hours|
|Globe (Globe-Miami), Arizona||Normal Hours|
|Gilbert (Southeast), Arizona||Normal Hours|
|Payson, Arizona||Normal Hours|
|Phoenix (Thunderbird), Arizona||Normal Hours|
|Show Low, Arizona||Normal Hours|
|Surprise (Northwest), Arizona||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 602-222-6550 or
- Change Your Appointment: 602-222-6550 or
- Media Inquiries: Office
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 602-277-5551 or
- Pharmacy Refill: 602-222-6598 or
- Staff Locator: 602-277-5551 or
- Telephone Care: 602-222-6550 or