Phoenix VA Health Care System
Contact the Phoenix VA Health Care System
Phoenix VA Health Care System offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services. For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) services, Dial 711.
Admission to Community Hospitals
- Anyone wanting to report an ER visit or admission to a community hospital should call the numbers below based on time and date of the week.
- Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.: 602-277-5551 then dial ext, 5088 or 2931 (connects you to Fee)
- After Hours/Weekends/Holidays: 602-277-5551 then dial ext. 2621 (connects you to the Administrator on Duty)
- A message can be left on voicemail if staff are unavailable to answer call as it comes in.
Appointments and SchedulingTo schedule an appointment, please visit our appointments page, My HealtheVet, or you may call the VA Help Line at 602-222-6550 (toll-free in Arizona at 1-888-214-7264) .
Billing and CollectionsIf you have any questions about billing, please call us at 602-277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 3072. For more information, visit the Copays and Charges Web site.
Caregiver Support CoordinatorLinda Herrly MSW, LCSW at 602-277-5551, ext. 7777
Community Mental HealthTodd Dahl, 602-277-5551, ext. 7887
Compensation and PensionTo speak with the compensation and pension staff, call the medical center at 602-277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 5804.
EligibilityFor questions regarding your eligibility or enrollment, please call us at 602-222-6508, (or call the medical center toll-free at 1-800-554-7174, then dial ext. 6508). For more information, visit the VA Health Care Eligibility Web site.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) / Privacy OfficerMary Monet, 602-222-6489, ext. 2342 or email VHAPHOFOIA@VA.GOV
Homeless Vet Coordinator
- Community Resource & Referral Center, 602-248-6040
1500 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ
- Open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Walk-ins welcome!
Human Resources Management Services
- Our 24-hour Job Line is available at 602-222-2703, or visit the Careers page.
To speak with someone in the HR office, please call 602-277-5551, ext. 7594.
- HR is located at:
4001 N. 3rd Street, Suite 310
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Inquiry Routing and Information SystemVA has established an inquiry routing and information system which provides answers to frequently-asked questions. You may also use this system to submit a comment, question, or concern.
Military Sexual Trauma (MST)If you have any questions regarding or have experienced Military Sexual Trauma (MST), please contact Sharon Coleman, MST coordinator, at 602-234-7157. For information about MST visit the VA National Center for PTSD's Violence and Sexual Abuse page.
MyHealtheVet - Local Help / AuthenticationView information about My HealtheVet account creation and In-Person Authentication at our facility.
If you receive care at our facility and are a having difficulty creating or registering a MyHealtheVet account, one-on-one assistance is available in room 1109. Please contact Victoria Reyes, MyHealtheVet coordinator between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m, Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays). Outside of regular hours, call 602-277-5551, ext. 3934 and leave a message giving your name and phone number and we will contact you the next business day.
News MediaMembers of the news media can contact the PVAHCS Public Affairs Officer by email at email@example.com, by phone at 602-222-2667 (after hours: 480-476-4811), or visit our news room page.
The Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center has a team of highly-skilled patient representatives who are eager to assist if you have a compliment, complaint, or issues with which you need assistance. The patient representatives:
- serve as liaisons between patients and the medical center and act on the patient's behalf.
- help patients understand their rights and responsibilities.
Please contact one of our representatives at 602-222-2774, or you may visit them at our medical center on the first floor the ACC across the hall from the Turquoise clinic. Their fax number is 602-222-6489.
Your complaint will not compromise your right to current or future care. Your concern will be handled in a private and confidential manner. Your questions, concerns and suggestions for improved care and service are always appreciated. For more information, visit our Patient Concerns page.
PharmacyThe Outpatient Pharmacy can be reached at 602-222-6598 (toll-free in Arizona at 1-800-359-8262). Visit our Pharmacy page for more information.
Release of InformationPlease contact the PVAHCS Release of Information office to request information from your medical record. It is located in Room 104E on the first floor of Building 1 at the medical center, near the Emergency Room. If you need to get information from your medical records, please call the medical center at 602-277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 2619. For more information, view our Release of Information brochure. Medical record information is also available at all clinic kiosks and via the Blue Button feature in MyHealtheVet.
Suicide Prevention Coordinator
- If you are in crisis, please call the VA Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1.
- You can also send a text message to 838255 or enter a live chat online.
- Contact the Phoenix VA's Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator at 602-277-5551, ext. 5582.
Tobacco CessationThe Local Tobacco Cessation Program Coordinator is Dr. Lisa Burgess. She may be reached at 602-222-6414 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174, then dial ext. 6414 or ext. 5272). For more information, visit the National VA Smoking Cessation Web site.
Transition & Care Management Program / Returning VeteransProgram manager: Cara Garcia, LCSW,(602-277-5551 (toll free 1-800-554-7174), ext. 3950
VA Help Line
- Please contact our VA Help Line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment. Your location determines which number to use.
- Within Phoenix metro area: 602-222-6550
- Toll-free in Arizona: 1-888-214-7264
- If you are sick and wish to speak to a nurse, press 3.
Veterans Justice Outreach CoordinatorPenny Miller, LCSW, 602-277-5551, ext. 6965.
Women Veterans Health ProgramIf you have any questions regarding the Women Veterans Health Program, please call the medical center at 602-277-5551 (toll-free 1-800-554-7174), then dial ext. 6764 to reach Kristen Nordquist, LCSW, Women Veterans Program Manager. To make a women's health appointment, please call 602-277-5551, ext. 6359. For more information on VA's Women Veterans programs, benefits and services, visit the VA Center for Women Veterans Web site.